2020 may have made us dive deep into remote work unexpectedly but remote work is definitely here to stay. 22% of the American workforce will work remotely by 2025; an increase of 87% prior to 2020! This means that it’s not just a passing trend. It’s important for remote workers to understand how to thrive in a remote environment. Landing a job and finding real remote roles is different from the traditional job-seeking process and more competitive.
Additionally, recent studies show that 21% of workers would give up vacation time for work from home opportunities further backing up how important working from home is for many job-seekers. Therefore, for companies as well, it’s crucial to implement successful remote work strategies and learn how existing remote companies function; especially as companies have 25% lower employee turnover compared to those that don’t offer remote work.
At acework we want to help. We’ve been remote from the beginning, helping both companies and job seekers get remote ready and streamline the process. Our ultimate guide to remote work is full of remote tips, tricks, interviews and more, so you can safely settle into the future of work for good.
Topics in the ultimate guide to remote work:
- Remote Readiness
- Mental Health for Remote Workers
- Diversity for Remote Workers
- Remote Recruitment
- Remote Interviews for Job Seekers
- Management for Remote Teams
- Best Practice and Insights For Remote Workers
- Remote Coaching & Career Development
- Digital Nomadism: Travel for Remote Workers
- Remote Work and the Law
Being remote ready means having the right tools, space and mindset to work remotely. In 2020 the lack of remote readiness became a downfall for many companies and remote workers. It’s important to be prepared, so here are some ways you can get remote ready!
- How to Include Remote Work in Your Employer Brand
- How to Transition Your Company From Office to Remote Working
- Why we need more remote career opportunities (and not more remote gigs)
- 5 Reasons you’re Remote Ready!
- Personal productivity: Self-Awareness is the Key
- 5 Productivity Blockers and How to Fix Them
- Remote work, is it right for you?
- Top 6 Must Listen Remote Work Podcasts
- Finding your Flow — the Best Places for Happy Remote Work
- How to Set-up the Perfect Home Office
Mental Health for Remote Workers
We understand how much mental health matters and the struggles that come with working remotely. Remote workers thrive with a healthy mind which is why it’s important to take care of yourself. We are continually writing pieces to help better your mental health so please do check them out.
- Dealing With Winter Blues: COVID Edition
- Moving forward: How to manage your mental health after COVID-19
- 8 ways to deal with Seasonal Depression as a Remote Worker
Diversity for Remote Workers
Remote work gives companies the opportunity to hire from a global talent pool. In 2020 we saw an increase in companies embracing diversity and inclusion. From remote teams to remote workers, we’re sharing both sides to help you build a more diverse workforce.
- Why you Need Women Workers in your Remote Workforce
- How to ensure a Diverse and Inclusive Remote Workforce
- Becoming a Digital Nomad and Remote Worker in Africa
- Voices of Diversity: Danielle Bullock – Digital Marketing Manager
- Closing the Gender Gap with Flexible Work
Management for Distributed Teams
To ensure distributed teams are as productive as they can be, it’s crucial for managers to consider aspects such as their team’s engagement, collaboration, communication and alignment towards the company goals. To learn about successful strategies for remote management take a look here.
- How Successful Remote Teams Manage Mental Health
- How to Build a Great Remote Team Culture
- Moving forward: How to Manage your Team Remotely
- 5 Tips To Keep and Improve Employee Motivation and Engagement During Work From Home
- How to Foster Learning and Development in Distributed Teams
- How High-Performing Distributed Teams Tackle Their Communication Challenges
- Last Minute Virtual Holiday Party Ideas
Allowing for remote job applicants widens your talent pool, but at what cost? To avoid getting flooded with irrelevant applications, recruiters need to apply a creative yet structured approach to hire remote talent. We’ve summarised strategies that supercharge the different stages in your hiring process and that ultimately lead to attracting and hiring the right talent in a shorter time frame.
- Talent Assessments for Remote Job Interviews
- Inclusive Recruitment: 5 Key Strategies for Remote Teams
- Remote Offboarding: Key Tips to Terminate Employees Remotely
- 5 Key Tips for Onboarding Employees Remotely
- How to Write the Perfect Job Description for Remote Roles
- What to Keep in Mind when Hiring Remote Contractors
Remote Interviews for Job Seekers
Remote interviews are still going strong. Therefore, it’s important to know what to do differently in a remote interview compared to a traditional job interviews. So if you’re applying for jobs during the pandemic or just for remote jobs in general, these articles will help guide you through the process.
- How to Spot a Great Remote Company
- The Ultimate Guide to Landing a Remote Job Interview
- 10 Remote Interview Questions + How to ace them
- Remote Interview Guide: 8 key tips to ace a video interview
- How to Answer Screening Questions
- How to get Contractor Ready for Remote Work
- Gift yourself a Remote Job this Holiday Season
- 6 key strategies to negotiate your salary for a remote job
Best Practice and Insights For Remote Workers
Remote work has become the new normal but there are many remote workers who’ve done it for years. So what are the key takeaways that we can learn from those experts to better remote working habits and challenges?
- People Operations: The Heroes of Successful Remote Companies with Maria Ursente
- People Operations: The Heroes of Successful Remote Companies with Ali Greene
- Are Women Leaders More Successful at Managing a Crisis? An Interview with Ginger Dhaliwal
- People Ops: The Heroes of Successful Remote Companies
- State of Remote Work in Germany: Interview with Komoot
- State of Remote Work in Germany: Interview with YAZIO
- Learning and Development at Help Scout
- Remote team challenges: An individual approach
- Flexible Work Arrangements – The Future of Remote Working?
Digital Nomadism: Travel for Remote Workers
The world of digital nomads working on the beach may have been your first introduction to remote work, yet their world has evolved. Dive deeper to learn more.
- COVID Travel: How to be a Digital Nomad in 2020
- Workation: The Digital Nomad Test Run
- Top 6 Coworking Spaces Around the World
Remote Work and the Law
Working remotely comes with its own set of challenges. The world still hasn’t been able to adapt to the new changes in the working world so can we overcome them?
Remote Coaching & Career Development
Remote career coaching prepares both new and experienced remote workers to define their strategies and career goals. How can remote career coaching help you? Find out below or click here.
At acework, we vet candidates for remote readiness during an onboarding call. If you’re looking for a remote job, and are ready to shine in your application, register on our platform and start matching with opportunities here
We also enable businesses to build their successful remote workforce. We support with remote work advisory and remote talent for open positions. Schedule a free strategy session to start building your high-performing distributed team or organisation. If you’re looking to hire remote-ready talent, you can also directly sign up your company here.